Hurt in a Bicycle Accident?
Compassionate Personal Injury Attorneys in Murrieta
Being involved in a bicycle accident can be scary—especially because bicycles have little to no protection to offer riders. If you were the victim of a bicycle accident, you may benefit from contacting our Murrieta personal injury lawyers at Singleton Smith Law Offices. For years, our team has been devoted to representing injury victims throughout Southern California and, regardless of what the case entails, we always strive to make a positive impact in our clients' lives.
Were you the victim of a bicycle accident? See if you are eligible for compensation! Give our firm a call today at (951) 779-1610 to find out about filing a bicycle accident claim.
We understand that bicycle accidents are worrisome, because the resulting injuries can be much more severe than those of a regular vehicular accident. Regardless of how simple or complex the case may seem, our team always strives to help our clients obtain the amount of compensation they deserve. We aim to handle all the legal aspects of our clients' claims, so that they can focus on their recovery.
The Dos and Don'ts of a Bicycle Accident
The actions you take after your bicycle accident are very important, because it may impact the amount that you recover for your injuries and damages. And, in very rare cir circumstances, the immediate actions you take or do not take may even make you ineligible to file a personal injury claim.
Some actions you should and should not take following a bicycle accident are as follows:
- Do seek medical attention immediately following your injuries. This can be useful in proving that you were injured, and medical records can be used to document the extent of your injuries.
- Do document any details regarding the accident such as what happened, how it happened, where, and when it occurred. Take note of how the conditions were pertaining to the roads, traffic, and the weather.
- Do take photos of the scene of the accident, as well as of all damaged equipment.
- Do keep your bicycle and any other damaged property in the same state as it was immediately following the accident.
- Do not have anything fixed or inspected.
- Do not send your bicycle, helmet, or any other equipment to anyone other than your attorney.
- Do not wash the clothing that you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Do not communicate with the insurance companies before consulting an attorney. The insurance company could end up using any statements you make against you later on.
Bicycle Accidents in Intersections
Bicyclists are especially at risk of getting into an accident when they are travelling through an intersection. This is because intersections do not have designated bike lanes, making vehicles more likely to swerve in the direction of a bicyclist. It is the responsibility of both the bicyclists and drivers to be familiar with their surroundings. Drivers should take extra precaution when they are approaching and riding through intersections.
We believe that cyclists who follow the rules of the road but are hit by a negligent driver should never be held responsible for the resulting injuries and damages. This is why when an individual retains our representation, we will do everything in our power to ensure justice is pursued on their behalf. We will thoroughly examine every detail concerning their case. We will weigh all the options, and come up with a plan that is tailored to fit the client's specific situation. Our team will negotiate with the insurance companies or, if need be, represent you in trial.
Set Up a Free Consultation—(951) 779-1610
If you would like to get started on your bicycle accident claim by scheduling a free case evaluation, be sure to give our firm a call today. We possess the skills and resources to take on even the most complex cases and stand ready to fight for you!