Creditor Harassment in Murrieta
Managing Pressure from Aggressive Creditors
When people constantly receive phone calls, notices or even threats from their creditors, they need to speak with a Murrieta bankruptcy attorney from our team. At Singleton Smith Law Offices, we know that a fine line exists between calling to collect a debt and outright harassment. Once clients have obtained our services, we will intervene immediately and put an instantaneous end to bad collection practices.
Signs of Creditor Harassment
Each day, countless people in the United States fall prey to creditor harassment, which is illegal according to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Here are several signs of creditor and/or collection agency harassment:
- persistent, daily phone calls and collection notices
- creditors calling your residence at early or late hours
- collectors making calls even after you have asked them to stop
- creditors calling your place of employment, family, friends or neighbors
- collectors issuing threats or calling names
- creditors saying they will take false legal action against you or your family
- collectors using profanity while speaking with you
Once we're involved, we will do everything we can to get your creditors to cease and desist. Call our offices today at (951) 779-1610 to get creditors off your back.